Wednesday 7 January 2009

Time's Running Out

Christmas seemed to come and go in the blink of an eye and now we’re back again, getting ready to hand in A3 and A4. The holidays were good but it wasn’t all drinking and celebrating; I haven’t done so well with time management this time round and had a lot of catch up work to do, which I left the bulk of till the last weekend. After a lot of stress and a couple of late nights I won’t be making that mistake again!

The mini-assignments have gotten more intense with shorter deadlines and I found this morning’s grid exercise particularly stressful. I barely printed it off in time, meaning I didn’t get time to perfect the design like I would have wanted to. Still, what’s done is done and
 we might be getting some ‘tinkering time’ next week before hand in to correct typos, etc. I think this afternoon’s Story exercise went a lot better though.

The typography exam is also coming up, but I feel well prepared and I’m confident I’ll pass.

I’m not looking forward to one of the next assignments, A6. Part of it will be assessed through presentations, which is going to be somewhat worse than last time since I’ll no doubt have to talk for longer. Plus I’ll be worrying about passing so it’ll probably be an even more nerve racking experience.

Otherwise I’m happy with things at the moment. I’m confident I’ve done the best I can on A3 and A4, despite the couple of problems mentioned above, and hopefully it’s good enough for a pass. If I refer then so be it, I’m determined not to get as stressed as last time.

No comments: