Wednesday 3 February 2010

Website Goals and Delivery Requirements

My goals for the portfolio are as follows:

  • XHTML 1.0 (Strict) and CSS 2.1 Valid

It is important to have a website that validates to W3C standards as this increases crossbrowser compatibility, search engine optimisation (SEO), increases the speed with which pages load and increases accessibility.

To measure this I will use the W3C validator.

  • Easy to update

My portfolio will need to be updated on a regular basis to showcase my latest work. This will be measurable by the ease with which I can add new projects I have worked on.

  • Maximum Possible Search Engine Optimisation

It is important my portfolio ranks as high as possible on search engines to ensure it is viewed by the target audience. To measure this I will type different keywords into search engines on a regular basis to check my site is as near the top as possible.

Delivery Requirements

The markup/scripting languages will be XHTML 1.0 (strict) and CSS 2.1. The domain name will be www.nick-stead.co.uk and it will be hosted by E68.

No comments: