Tuesday 25 November 2008

Still Getting There

To say I was looking forward to some creative work, today’s activity (ideas generation) left me feeling frustrated and slightly out of my depth.

Thumbnailing was ok, but I started to have doubts developing them, feeling a bit lost as to what measurements to state. Then it came to the final design and everything seemed to go wrong.

I would consider myself to be good at maths but I struggled somewhat to work out the measurements. Then when I thought I’d worked it out I began to draw the page, only to realise I’d mixed up the measurements for the gutter with the margins! I’m definitely going to have to go back to it in self study time and work through it again.

Writing this blog now, the frustration’s already ebbing away and I know I will perfect this skill in time. And despite my initial misgivings, it was good to finally start some creative work.

As for A4 and A3, I feel confident so far. I’m not worried about the typography test either. While I don’t feel ready to undertake it yet I know I will be prepared when the time comes. Nor am I worried about the mini-assignments we will have to do for A4, the first of which is due next week.

I just hope I get the internet back soon since we’re still not connected at home. I’m slightly worried if it doesn’t get sorted I’ll fall behind, but at least I’ve found a nearby pub with wi-fi where I can take the MacBook to get my work done.

I have to say overall I’m still confident in my studies and still feel I’m on the right path to becoming a web designer. It will be a long journey but I’ll get there in the end.

No comments: